Cashew Apricot Bars
These are so much better than a store bought granola bar. Once cool, wrap each bar in plastic wrap and take with you on your next trip to the gym.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup unsalted roasted cashews coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup dried apricots coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 8" square metal baking pan with parchment paper; let excess hang over edge.
- Spread oats onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350° until toasted, about 12 minutes.
- Place in a medium bowl; cool.
- Place cashew butter, syrup, and oil in a microwavable bowl. Microwave at HIGH until warm, about 30 seconds; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla, salt, and egg white.
- Add cashews and apricots to oats.
- Pour cashew butter mixture over oat mixture; stir until well combined.
- Using a spatula, press mixture very firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 20-22 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan using parchment paper. Cool completely on rack. Cut into 12 (4" x 1 ⅓") bars.
Recipe from Southern Living Magazine.