Baked Potato Soup
This is an excellent potato soup. Don't try to save time and microwave the potatoes in the microwave!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pierce clean baked potatoes with a fork and bake at 400° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool, peel, and mash the potatoes.
- Put flour in a large dutch oven and whisk in milk over medium heat.
- Once the mixture begins to bubble, add the potatoes, half the cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Reduce heat to low and add sour cream, heating for 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve in soup bowls with the remainder of the cheese and a slice of bacon crumbled on top.