Pork Sliders with Smashed Avocado
These are super quick to make and taste fantastic. Serve with roasted potatoes.
- 12 1 oz. whole-wheat slider buns
- 1 ½ lbs. extra lean ground pork
- 1 ½ Tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 oz. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe, peeled avocados
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- bibb lettuce torn
- Combine pork, parsley, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl, gently mixing.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions, shaping into ¼" thick patty.
- Lightly spray olive oil on both sides.
- Grill over medium high heat for 4 minutes a side.
- Toast the buns on the grill.
- Combine lime juice and avocado in a bowl. Mash avocado with a fork and stir to combine.
- Spread avocado mixture on bottom half of buns, add patty and cheese. Top with tomato, lettuce, and top of bun.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.