Breaded Pork Medallions
These medallions are great served with risotto or saffron rice, or toss quartered new potatoes and sliced carrots in a bowl with some olive oil and roast at 450° for 30 minutes. Slice the meat thinly so the pork cooks all the way through.
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin cut into 8 medallions
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (I use the Italian panko crumbs)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Rub mustard over pork.
- Combine thyme, salt, and pepper with panko in a shallow dish.
- Dip both sides of each pork medallion in the panko mixture.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, covering the bottom of the pan.
- Add pork and sauté two minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.