This is the perfect treat with a cup of coffee, tea, or a tall glass of cold milk!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine vanilla, eggs, and egg white in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir until well blended (it will take time for the dough to come together, but keep stirring!).
- Divide dough in half. Turn dough out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- With floured hands, shape each dough half into a 12" long, by 2" log; pat to ½" thickness.
- Bake at 350° for 22 minutes. Remove logs from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut each log into 12-14 pieces. Carefully arrange the slices on their sides on the baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti an additional 15 minutes or until almost firm (biscotti will be slightly soft in the center but will harden as they cool). Remove biscotti from baking sheet; cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine.