This is the best choice for a wedding, baby shower, or luncheon. I like it because the cheesecake is light and creamy. The secret is to have the cream cheese at room temperature and whipped in an electric mixer. When making the crust, use fresh, whole graham crackers crushed in a food processor.Plan Ahead Note: the cream cheese needs to be softened and the eggs need to be brought to room temperature. This cheesecake is best if refrigerated overnight before serving.
- 1 ⅔ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 5 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press on the bottom and up the sides of a 10" springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs, one at at time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Turn oven off, partially open door. Leave cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.