Chocolate Pound Cake
This cake is fantastic! Just make sure your butter is at room temperature and that you beat the batter for the recommended about of time in your mixer.Plan Ahead Note: butter needs to be softened and eggs should be at room temperature.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat butter and shortening in mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, beating for 7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Add alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until knife inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.