Chicken Bacon Sandwiches
These sandwiches are hearty enough for dinner, or great for a leisurely lunch with friends.Plan Ahead Note: the cream cheese needs to be softened to room temperature.
- 8 strips applewood bacon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 avocado sliced
- 8 slices colby jack cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Cook the bacon until crisp and let cool slightly.
- Season the chicken breats with salt, pepper, and lightly spray them with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken breasts over medium heat 6-8 minutes a side until cooked through.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice lengthwise.
- In a small skillet with a drizzle of olive oil, sauté the spinach until it begins to wilt.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and remove from heat.
- Toast the sourdough bread and spread each slice with cream cheese.
- Add a piece of colby jack onto each slice, followed by sliced chicken, bacon, spinach, and avocado slices. Top with additional slice of bread and cut the sandwich in half.
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.