Best Blueberry Muffins
You may be rolling your eyes at the use of the word "best" but it is very appropriate with these muffins. Serve warm with a glass of milk, some tea or coffee, or as dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted sweet cream butter melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Mash ¼ cup of blueberries and stir into batter with a few quick strokes.
- Stir in remaining blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, and using 1 Tablespoon of sugar, sprinkle the tops of all the muffins.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in tins for 5 minutes before removing muffins to a wire rack.