Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Beans
This roast just melts in your mouth and makes the kitchen smell great. If you have kids like mine who won't eat beans, slice and serve their roast before adding the bean mixture into the slow cooker.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14.5oz. can petite-cut diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 10oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 3lb. eye of round roast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 16oz. cans pinto beans divided
- 1 15oz. can black beans drained
- Combine salt, pepper, and both cans of tomatoes together in a bowl with the onion and chili powder.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven and add the roast, browning 5 minutes a side.
- Place roast in slow cooker and pour tomatoes over top. Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Remove roast and slice it.
- In a small bowl take a ½ cup of tomato juice and add and add one can of pinto beans. Mash well. Add back to slow cooker with remaining beans. Serve bean mash over pot roast.