Slow Cooker Meatloaf
This traditional meatloaf has great flavor, cooks while you are away for the day, and makes excellent meatloaf sandwiches.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 1oz. envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup divided
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Combine ground beef through Worcestershire sauce plus ½ cup ketchup, and ½ cup water.
- Shape mixture into a loaf.
- Line slow cooker with foil along the bottom and up both sides. Grease foil and place meatloaf in a slow cooker.
- Stir together brown sugar, mustard, and remaining ½ cup ketchup. Spread over the top of the meatloaf.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker using the foil as handles. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.