Root Beer Sloppy Joes
It is easy to whip these up and the flavor is not sweet, just delicious.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ¾ cup minced onion
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground sirloin
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup bottled chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- ¼ cup root beer
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 4 hamburger buns toasted
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes.
- Add beef; cook 4 minutes or until beef begins to brown, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients (though tomato paste); bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef mixture evenly among bottom halves of buns; top with top halves of buns.
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine.