This meatloaf is delicious and is true to it's name. If you have a hungry family, make two to cook side by side.
- 3 Tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. ground sirloin
- 1 egg
- 6 Tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt, mustard, pepper, red pepper, and beef in a large bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup. Mix just until combined.
- Shape beef into a 9" x 4" loaf shape and place onto a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Brush the top of meat loaf with remaining 2 Tablespoons of ketchup. Bake 7 additional minutes or until done.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice loaf into 8 equal pieces.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.