Chimichurri Flank Steak
This recipe can be made using flat-leaf parsley or cilantro. Do not grill the steak too long or it will be tough. Let it rest for a full 5 minutes before you start slicing to keep the meat nice and juicy. Yellow saffron rice is a great accompaniment to this steak.
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves OR cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1-2 lbs. flank steak
- To make chimichurri sauce, place all ingredients (except the steak, of course!) in the food processor and blend.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the steak. Drizzle with olive oil and let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill 6-8 minutes a side for medium rare depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with chimichurri sauce.