Beef Pizza Casserole
This is a kid pleaser recipe for sure! I used Little Italy in the Bronx marinara. It has great flavor and is made with just a few fresh ingredients. Serve with a green salad. If you ever need to take dinner to someone, make this and let them bake it.
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 24oz. jar tomato/basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 11 oz. can refrigerated pizza crust thin crust
- olive oil spray
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook the ground beef and 3 teaspoons of the Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium heat until crumbled and cooked through.
- Drain any remaining liquid out of the pan.
- Add the flour and stir.
- Add the pasta sauce and stir, bringing to a boil.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13" x 9" pan.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Unroll the pizza crust and place it on top of the cheese.
- Spray olive oil over the crust.
- In a small bowl combine the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle over the top of the crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.